Assam Orunodoi Scheme is a welfare scheme launched by the government of Assam on 1st of December 2020. Under this scheme, the beneficiaries get ₹ 830 per month for basic, fundamental expenses like medical expenses, pulses, sugar, etc. According to the govt they have split the amount as follows:
|₹ 400 for medicines|
|₹ 200 for pulses|
|₹ 150 for fruits & Vegetables|
|₹ 80 for Sugar|
|Scheme Official Portal||www.orunodoi.in|
The benefit of this scheme will directly be transferred to the beneficiary through DBT ( Direct Benefit Transfer ). According to the policies of the scheme, the amount will be transferred to the beneficiaries on the first of every month. According to a report from the Indiatoday, this scheme is projected to benefit almost 22 lakh families in the state and the annual budget that govt. would be spending is around INR 2400 crores. Himanta Biswa Sarma, the finance minister of Assam mentioned that the money will be transferred to the female member of the family to empower them. In this particular article, we have covered the application, eligibility, and every other important aspect of the Assam Orunodoi scheme so make sure you go through the full article.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme Application
As of now the scheme application proceedure is done offline only, to apply for the scheme you can follow the step by step process given below.
- Step. 1 – To start the application process first you need to download the application form from the link given below
- Step.2 – The application form will be of 3 pages where applicants are required to fulfill multiple details and attach the required documents as shown in the image below.
- Step.3 – Applicants will have to fill in their bank details as well in the form so make sure you have the details of the bank ready with you in which you want to receive the amount through Direct benefit transfer.
- Step.4 – After filling in all the details, now you need to attach the documents asked for in the form like domicile, passbook, income certificate, etc.
- Step. 5 – After filling the form, attaching documents make sure to check it carefully and then submit it to the Orunodoi Sahayak who are accountable for identifying beneficiaries in every district.
Eligibility for Assam Orunodoi Scheme
There are eligibility criterias which are defined by the govt. of Assam to select the beneficiaries of this scheme. You can go through the eligibility requirements of this scheme below.
- Womens who are the primary beneficiary of this scheme must be a permanent resident of the State Assam.
- The income of the household must be less than INR 2 lakh per annum.
- Priority is given to Specially abled, divorced, widowed or seperated & unmarried womens of the state.
- Families which are economically weak and are not covered under the NFSA ( Natonal food security act ) are also prioritised.
List of Required documents for scheme application
|Below Poverty Line ( BPL) card|
Excluded from the Orunodoi Scheme
Govt. have introduced terms of ineligibility as well, so if you match any of the criteria given below then you are not eligible for the Assam Orunodoi Scheme.
- As we have mentioned above that women are the primary beneficiary of this scheme, if your family has no women members then you are not eligible for this scheme.
- Families of MP’s, MLA’s, PRI & ULBs whether current or former are not eligible for this scheme.
- Govt. officials & cooperative societies employee’s families are excluded from this scheme.
- If your family owns a 4 wheeler, mechanized boat, AC/Fridge/washing machine, or more than 15 bighas of agricultural land then you are not eligible for the Assam Orunodoi scheme.
Assam Orunodoi Scheme Planning & Execution
The scheme ws announced to be implemented in October 2020 because of the election coming in the state and further the scheme came into action in December 2020 just before the elections. The eligibility selection of the beneficiaries of this scheme was started even before the scheme was announced back in August 2020. The finance department of Assam is accountable to manage the eligibility and beneficiary selection.
For further expansion of the beneficiary selection process on the district level, the department has formed a district-level monitoring committee which comes under the DC ( Deputy Commissioner ) of each district. The selection process was initiated from the level of GP ( Gaon Panchayat ), VCDC ( Village Council Development Committee ), and ULB ( Urban Local Body ),
Benefits of the Scheme
We have already mentioned the multiple benefits of this scheme for the beneficiaries but there is another perspective to the benefits as well which are the creation of local employment which is generated through the Assam Orunodoi scheme. 4 Orunodoi Sahayaks are appointed in every district to look after the beneficiary selection process in the district and oversee the implementation of the scheme. These Sahayaks will be directly reporting and accountable to the DC of the district.
Current Status & Future planning for the scheme
The finance minister of the state mentioned that the scheme received a very positive response and the govt. plans to further increase the Amount from Rs. 830 to Rs.3000 per month which will eventually help the beneficiaries of the Orunodoi Scheme. If this expansion plan gets executed in the state then it would directly help the economically weaker families in the state to at least acquire the fundamental resources. As of now only, these are the updates that we could acquire from multiple sources like the official portals of the Assam government and various news portals, as soon as there is any new update on the Orunodoi scheme of Assam, we will make sure to cover it here so stay tuned to the portal.