Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana, an initiative from the government of West Bengal that aims to support the farmers of the state by providing them crop insurance coverage. The agriculture department of the state is taking care of the scheme implementation in the state and the scheme is primarily focused on Kharif season crops. According to a report from populationu portal the expected population of West Bengal is around 100 million or 10 crores which makes it the fourth largest state in the Nation in terms of population. The majority of the state’s population is into agricultural activities and that is their sole occupation. Some of the main crops in West Bengal are Rice, pulses, barley, potatoes, etc. West Bengal caters to 66% of the jute requirement of India. As the major population of the state is agriculture-dependent, the state government keep coming up with various welfare schemes for the farmers like Bangla Fasal Bima Yojana, Krishak Bandhu, etc
Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana of Bengal was announced in the month of February 2019 and AIC ( Agriculture Insurance Company of India ) will be providing the insurance to the farmers in the state. This scheme will be backing farmers by providing them financial support through insurance in case of crop loss due to various reasons like natural calamities or any crop disease, etc. The Bangla Shasya Bima portal brings in transparency and efficiency in the implementation of the scheme. According to a recent report from the business line, the government has plans to expand the beneficiaries of this scheme to 60 lakh farmers. A report state that the govt. of West Bengal has had already spent around Rs. 450 crores for the functioning of the BSB yojana and covered around 46 lakh farmers of the state. in the rabi season of 2019.
Note:- Rabi 2021 application form is available on the official portal, farmers who want to apply for it can download the rabi 2021 form from the button given below.
West Bengal Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Registration Process
The step by step registration process of the Bangla Shasya Bima Portal is given below.
- Step.1 – Visit the official portal of the Bangla Shasya Bima scheme by following this link or using this URL “banglashasyabima.net”
- Step.2 – On the homepage of the official portal, click on the register button given in the menu bar as shown in the image below.
- Step.3 – Now the registration form page will open where, the applicants are required to fill in the following details
- Stakeholder type
- User Roles
- Personal Information like name, email, mobile number
- For reference, users can check the image given below
How to search your insurance coverage on the BSB Portal
- To get details of your insurance coverage, visit the official portal of the Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana, and from the homepage of the official portal click on the farmer corner option as shown in the image below
- Now a new page will open where you need to enter your voter id card number and select from kharif or rabi season then select the year. At last click on the check button and your provided information will be validated and after validation your insurance coverage information will appear on the screen. For reference users can check the image given below.
Bengal Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana Application Status Checking Process
To check your application status on the bSB portal of West Bengal, users are required to visit the official portal of Bangla Shasya Bima yojana and then from the homepage, click on the application status option as shown in the image below.
A new page will open where the users are required to fill in their application id and click on the search button, after validation of your application id your application status will appear on the screen.
BSB Portal Login Process
- To log in on the BSB portal of West Bengal, visit the official portal by following this link.
- Now click on the login button given at the top of the homepage in the menu bar.
- Now the login page will open where you need to enter the following details
- Email id
- Session ( check out the image given below for reference )
- After filling in all these details, click on the login button.
How to report crop loss?
To report any crop loss under the Bangla Shasya Bima Yojana, you need to follow the process givcen below:
- From the homepage of the official BSB portal, click on the report crop loss option,
- A pop up will appear from where you can look for the insurance company’s number and email under the season and year. For reference check the image given below.
- Now you can contact the insurance company and report about your crop loss
BSB Yojana Benefits & Objectives
The BSB scheme also includes the landless farmers & sharecroppers as the insurance is provided for the crop so in case of crop loss of a landless farmer or sharecropper the insurance compensation is given to the farmer. The state government is planning to use the lection system of ISRO to speed up the claim settlement process of the BSB scheme. This is a step towards Empowering the farmers of state and eventually the Nation.
Technical Grievance / Helpdesk
|For insurance and claim related issues||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|10:00 A.M.- 6:00 P.M|
|For BSB portal and mobile app issues||Email: banglashasyabima @ingreens.in|
Phone: 8336900632, 8373094077, 8336957181
|10:00 A.M.- 6:00P.M ( Mon – Sat )|