NREGA Full Guide
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, also known as MNREGA or NREGA is a labor law working in India. It is a social security act of India which in simple language provides 100 Days of salaried work to the people of rural areas who are willing to work. The Government of India provides jobs to the people within 15 days of their registration and if it fails to do so in the stipulated time period, it is liable to pay the beneficiaries with unemployment allowances. In 2005, The National Rural Employment Guarantee Act was launched which was then changed to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act in 2008.
Check NREGA Job Card List Online
To view your areas job card list follow the steps given below-
- Go to the official web portal of MNREGA here.
- On the right side of the homepage, under the accountability and transparency column find the link saying ‘job card’ as shown in the picture below.
- You will then be redirected to a page with the list of states, find yours from the list and click on it.
- Then a new page will open with a gram panchayat detail form wherein fill in the required columns like the panchayat, block, district, and financial year.
- A full list of job cards will open with job card numbers and the names of the associated people in front of them, your job card is approved if you see your name on the right side of the list.
- The following colored cards symbolize-
- With photograph and employment approved- GREEN
- With photograph but employment not approved- GREY
- Without photograph but employment approved- MUSTARD
- Without photograph and no employment approved- RED
Also check out full guide and latest updates on Indira Awas Yojana
here is the list of states, you can also check your job card by selecting your state from here.
NREGA Payment Process
The salary of the workers is computed on the basis of the job they have been allotted and the workers get their wages transferred directly to their bank accounts. If the MNREGA card holder does not possess a bank account then he/she can easily do so by providing their job card as the primary document applicable for verification. The gram panchayat is responsible to help the workers open their bank accounts and also their post office accounts.
In the areas where there is very little or no accessibility to banks, the workers get their wages through cash by the gram panchayat. There is no partiality in the amount of wages paid to every worker or discrimination in terms of gender or any factors.
How to check NREGA Payment Balance Amount online?
the job card is updated with all details including the number of days the employee worked and what is the daily wage rate they worked for. Different areas comprise different wage rates for which the list is available on the official webpage of MNREGA or you can also check the list here.
The workers get their wages within 2 days of the passing of the order by the gram panchayat. The state decides the per day wage rate of the workers, The rate decided initially was that of Rs.100 per day which was later increased to 200 -500.
How to Apply for NREGA Job Card?
The process of applications for the MNREGA job card is available offline only, you can apply for the same following the below procedure-
- Visit the nearest gram panchayat authority of your area between 10 am to 5 pm during the working days
- You need to ask for the application form n the office of download it and get it printed from here. You need to fill in the form with all important details and submit it in the office along with your documents including your aadhar card, pan card, etc. for verification
- Some of the important details to be filled are-
- Your name
- Fathers and Mothers name
- District, Block, and panchayat
After verification of your application, it will get approved if you’re eligible and the Job Card will be sent to you by the officials within 15 days of getting approval.
Type of work is provided under the scheme
The kind of jobs provided to the members of MNREGA are-
- Plantation of trees in community spaces
- construction of check dams and maintaining them
- Farm ponds construction
- construction of trenches for water absorption
- Making Grounds, Anganwadi, and roads.
Feature of Mahatma Gandhi national rural employment guarantee act
- MNREGA was launched in 2005 and it came into force in 2006.
- The purpose of this act was to provide basic security to the week and unemployed in society.
- The people are provided with work within 5 KM’S of their residences.
- Conduction of Social audit is done regularly to ensure proper maintenance
- In case of any queries or complaints, there are complaint boxes placed in every district which are checked once a month and looked upon.
Nrega mobile Application
To ensure transparent, efficient, and effective facilitation of the scheme, The Ministry of Rural Development launched the mobile application of NREGA called JANMNREGA. You can download the app from here.
Frequently asked questions
How do I check my balance on Mgnrega?
The facility to check your MNREGA balance is not yet available online, But you can refer to the process for the same which has been discussed in the article above.
What is the Nrega job card?
The Nrega Job card is an identity card provided to the beneficiaries of the scheme, who are the unemployed people of rural areas willing to work.
Who can apply for Nrega job card?
The basic requirement to apply for MNREGA scheme is that the person should be an adult.
How do I apply for a Nrega card?
The application process for the MNREGA card is not yet available online, but you can follow the offline process discussed in the article above for the same.