NVSP is the National Voters Services Portal launched by the government for providing the public with ease of availing facilities and doing business. The NVSP portal was bought into existence with the purpose and realization of the need for a platform for the citizens to be able to search their names in the electoral roll, to apply for a voter ID, and other services related to the voting system. NVSP is a single-window portal which is a user-friendly platform for the public where they can not only view the electoral roll and apply for voter id’s but can also avail extended services like applying for corrections in the voter id, view polling booth details, get contact details of polling booth officers, etc. The voter ID is an extremely important document to have in possession and it makes NVSP a very useful portal.
NVSP Register as a New User
To register on the NATIONAL VOTERS SERVICE PORTAL (NVSP) all you need to do is follow the step by step process given below.
- Visit the official NATIONAL VOTERS SERVICE PORTAL (NVSP) by following this link.
- On the right side of the homepage find the button for “login/register’ and click on it.
- Then on the page that will open, click on the link saying “Register as a new user” below the login column.
- Then the registration page will open wherein first authenticate your mobile number by entering it and filling in the captcha text. Then click on “Get OTP”. Then fill in the OTP received in the box.
- Then select whether you have an EPIC number or no and fill in the details asked further like email, then set a password and complete your registration.
If you are a resident of Rajasthan then we would recommend checking out our guide on the Jan Soochna Portal of Rajasthan so that you can be aware of its benefits.
NVSP track the status of your application
The process of tracking your application status on NVSP is given below, just follow the process step by step to get you application status.
- Visit the official web portal of the National Voters Services Portal from the link given above or visit the URL ” www.nvsp.in/ “
- Then on the homepage itself, find the option for “Track application status” and click on it.
- A new tab will open with the tracking column. Enter the reference ID provided to you after completing the application for a new voter in the space provided and click on “track status” as shown in the image below.
- The status of your application will be displayed on the screen.
How to apply as a new voter (Form 6)
- Login to your account on the NVSP portal using your credentials set at the time of registration.
- Then on the homepage, select the link for “Registering as a new elector”
- It will redirect you to the Form-6 used for registering as a new voter. Fill in all the details asked in the form like personal details, family details, address and area, contact details, details about 2 people already enrolled, etc.
- Attach the necessary documents in the form like your passport size photograph, residence proof, and age proof.
- Fill in the place from where you’re filling in the form and then finally submit the form after proof-reading all the details carefully.
How to search your name in the electoral roll
- Visit the official portal of NVSP which is www.nvsp.in
- On the homepage, select the option of “Search in electoral roll”
- A new tab will open with a column for voters’ information, you can search on the basis of your EPIC number or on the basis of your general details.
- If you search by details, you need to fill in information like Name, Age, DOB, gender, Family details, and your area details, etc.
- If you opt for a search by EPIC number, you need to fill in your EPIC number and state.
- Then fill in the text verification code given on the screen and click on “search”
- The results will be displayed on the screen for whether your name is included in the electoral roll or not.
How to download your e-EPIC?
- Visit the official web portal of NVSP that is www.nvsp.in
- On the homepage find the option of “download e-EPIC” and click on it.
- The login page will then open, wherein login to your account by filling in your credentials.
- After successfully logging in, look for the link saying “download E-EPIC card” and click on it.
- Your e-EPIC card will open in a new tab in PDF form, You can download and save the file for future use and even get it printed out and laminated.
How to make corrections to your voter ID card? (NVSP Form 8)
- Visit the official web page of nvsp and login into your account
- On the homepage look for the option of “correction of entries in electoral roll” and click on it.
- Make sure that you open form 8 for making corrections to your voter ID.
- Enter the details asked in the form like the assembly, parliamentary constituency, name, serial number, age, gender, etc., and submit all the details.
- Then on the page that will open, change the details that you need to change in your electoral card and add the details if you want to add some.
- Then fill in the Date, city of the voter and verify the contact details.
- You will need to attach some documents if necessary which will be proof of the correction that you are making like the spelling of your name etc.
- proofread the application and finally click on submit.