Patta Chitta Tamil Nadu Full Guide
A Patta Chitta is a legal document issued by the government of Tamil Nadu to the Owner of a property in the state. Initially, a Patta was a separate document from the Chitta. A Patta consists of details like the Name of the owner, Subdivision, Survey number, District, Block, Village, and Taluk of the person, and the allotted Patta number. The Patta also mentions whether the land for which the document is being made is a wetland or dry land, the Area of the land, and the details related to its tax. A Chitta is basically a document related to the revenue of the land for which it is made, The document is maintained by the talukdar or the district officer of the area. The Chitta contains details about the ownership, area, and size of land and the revenue of the same.
In 2015, the Chitta was discontinued by the government of Tamil Nadu and it was merged with the Patta. It then was named “Patta Chitta” which told earlier is a document containing details about the owner and all about the property he/she owns ranging from its area, is it a wetland or dryland to its revenue. The application process of the document is now made easy by the government of Tamil Nadu, the whole process can be availed online on the official website of E-services provided by the government. If not online, it can still be availed from the nearest tehsildar’s office in your area. To know more about the same, read the article below carefully.
We have also covered a full guide on the Tamil Nadu Public Distribution System, users can go through it from here.
Patta Chitta Application Process
To apply for the Patta Chitta document in Tamil Nadu you need to follow these simple steps mentioned below-
- Visit the official E-services website of the Government of Tamil Nadu from here.
- On the homepage itself, click on the link saying “View Patta & FMP/ Chitta/ TSLR Extract” under the “View Patta Copy/ A-Register Extract column”.
- You will then be redirected to another page wherein you need to select your district and select the area type where you reside, whether it is a “Rural” or an Urban Area.
- After submitting these details, a page with another form will open on the screen wherein fill in the required details like Town, Ward, Block, Taluk, Sub-division, and survey number. Before submitting the form make sure to enter the verification value given in a box.
- The town Survey Land Registrar will then issue a certificate for you online which will consist of details like construct type of your property, Municipal office and door digits, Type of land, Locality, Survey Number.
- The application process will be successfully completed.
PATTA CHITTA Status Check
- Visit the official website of E-services by the Government of Tamil Nadu mentioned above.
- On the homepage, look for the link saying “know your application status” in the left corner.
- The Application Status page will then open in front of you wherein, enter your Application ID and then enter the verification value given on the page.
- After submitting, The status of your Patta Chitta will appear on the screen.
Transfer of Ownership
The process of transfer of the Patta Chitta document takes place when and if the property is being sold to another person, the process of transfer is similar to that of the process of registration.
- A Transfer Application of the owner and the property should be written and submitted along with necessary documents to the tehsildar’s office in which the property is registered.
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED-
- Sale Deed of the property (original for verification and photocopy)
- Address proof or ownership proof of the property (electricity bill)
- EC or Encumbrance certificate
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED-
- After submission of the application, a systematic verification process of the property and the documents submitted will take place, and only after successful completion of the verification, the transfer of Patta Chitta will be completed.
How to check the validity / verify your Patta Chitta
- Visit the official website of E-services by the Government of Tamil Nadu here
- on the homepage, look for the option of “verify patta” under the box named “verify web-based patta”
- A new page will open wherein you need to enter your reference number and submit it.
- The validity of your Patta Chitta will appear on the screen.
FEES FOR PATTA CHITTA-
The fees for the Patta Chitta document of any kind of property either online or offline is Rs.100.