SVAYEM or the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme is an initiative by the government of Assam which is primarily focused on the youth of the state. SVAYEM was an existing welfare scheme of the Assam government initiated in February 2017, which is now redesigned as RE-SVAYEM in January 2021. SVAYEM scheme was launched with the aim of creating an ecosystem of entrepreneurship opportunities for the youth of the state. The Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment scheme did really well and benefitted a good amount of youth in the state. Now the government planned to restart the scheme and add more beneficiaries to the scheme so that entrepreneurship opportunities can be created for the youth of the state.
Connect with us on Social media for Latest Updates
Under the RE-SVAYEM scheme, beneficiaries will receive a sum of Rs. 50,000 and the projected beneficiaries of this scheme is 2 lakh. The government has allocated a sum of Rs. 1,000 crores for the implementation of this scheme. Sarbananda Sonowal, the Chief Minister of Assam, and Dr. Himanta Biswa Sarma, the finance minister of the state came on to announce the revamp and restart of the SVAYEM scheme in the state. Under the Re-SVAYEM scheme, assistance is provided to the SHG (self-help groups ), JLG ( Joint Liability Groups ), FPO ( Farmer producer organizations ), and Cluster Level SPVs/ Federations. According to the guidelines, 55% of the cost of projects under the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment Scheme will be sanctioned by the banks, and 25% of it will be borne by the beneficiaries as the owner’s contribution. For existing entrepreneurs of the state a sum of Rs. 2 lakh can be availed by the beneficiaries from the banks and for new entrepreneurs it is Rs. 1 lakh.
RE-SVAYEM Scheme Registration Process
If you want to become a beneficiary of the Re-SVAYEM scheme then go through the eligibility criteria mentioned below and if you are eligible for the scheme then follow the step-by-step process given below to register for the Redesigned-SVAYEM scheme.
- Step.1 – To start the application process, visit the official portal of the SVAYEM scheme by following this link or using the URL ” www.svayem.in “.
- Step.2 – From the homepage of the official portal, click on the new registration option as shown in the image below.
- Step.3 – A new page will open where you need to enter the group name and mobile number.
- Step.4 – Now to verify the mobile number provided by you, an OTP will be sent on your number which you will have to fill on the page for verification. For reference, users can check the image given below.
- Step.5 – Now on the new page, you need to set your password then click on the submit button, after this step the successful registration message will appear on the screen.
- Step.6 – After registration, the users are required to log in on the portal ( the step by step login process is given below, you can follow that process to easily log in on the portal )
- Final Step. – After signing in a page will appear where you need to provide the following details:
- Group Name
- Group email
- Group Address
- Bank account details of the Group
- Pin code, district, and mobile number of the group
- And upload the required documents
- Now click on the save basic details button, you can also add a member from the same page by clicking on the add member button and providing all the details of the new member.
SVAYEM Scheme Eligibility guidelines
Eligibility guidelines for both individual beneficiaries and group beneficiaries are given below.
For Individual beneficiaries
- Applicant’s age must be 18 years or above.
- Only residents of Assam are eligible to become beneficiary of this scheme
- The applicants must have the minimum educational qualification to become eligible for this scheme, the minimum qualification guideline is decided by the officials of the concerned department or the government.
- Any additional skills, experience, or knowledge will give you an edge over others to become a beneficiary of the SVAYEM scheme.
- Beneficiaries of the Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme are not eligible for this scheme.
- If the applicant has any defaulted loan. that makes him/her ineligible for the benefit of the RE-SVAYEM Scheme.
For Group Beneficiaries
- Whether it is SHG, JLG, or any other group, all the members must have attained the age of 18 or above.
- All the members should be residents of Assam only.
- The groups will consist of 5 to 20 members and it can be an SHG, JLG, FPO & CLS.
- The group can not consist of any member who has a loan default history.
- Additional skills of the group members will benefit the groups in getting an edge over other groups to become the beneficiary of the SVAYEM scheme.
- All the members of the group must have the basic qualification as per the guidelines of the scheme.
- Beneficiaries of similar center/state-funded schemes are ineligible.
List of required documents for application
The list of all the basic documents which are required for the SVAYEM scheme application is mentioned below. Make sure to keep all these documents ready with you at the time of application to make the process hassle-free.
|resident / address proof|
|certificate of skills or experience ( if any )|
|business ownership/license proof|
|Bank details and passbook|
|IC/Group registration form|
SVAYEM Portal Login Process
- To log in on the SVAYEM portal of Assam, visit the official portal by following the link given above.
- From the homepage of the official portal of the Swami Vivekananda Assam Youth Empowerment yojana, the login pannel is given on the right as shown in the image below.
- Now select from the following options given in the login panel:
- I am group
- i am a district user
- I am a PFMS user
- After selection, fill in the username or the registered mobile number then fill in your password.
- Now click on the login button and your provided details will be validated on the portal, after successful validation your dashboard will open on the portal.
Implementation of the SVAYEM Scheme
Govt. has appointed some of the agencies for the proper implementation of the Redesigned SVAYEM scheme in the state. Apex Committee & Implementation Cell will be monitoring at the state level and DLCIC ( the District Level Consultative and implementation committee ) will be managing the district level implementation, all the Public, Private, Rural banks will be taking care of the financial management of the scheme implementation.
Applications will be registered on the SVAYEM portal of Assam which will further be inspected by the District Level Consultative and Implementation Committee and out of the applications all the eligible applicants will be shortlisted for the beneficiary list. Those who are selected under the final beneficiary list will be provided with a training program of 3 to 5 days. This training program is a must for all eligible beneficiaries. After the completion of the training program, the beneficiaries will receive the first installment directly into their bank accounts, and further, they will have to provide the report of the activities done to get the further installments under the SVAYEM scheme.
Activities covered under the Scheme
The activities which are covered under the SVAYEM scheme are mentioned below:
|Rural Transport Services|
|Handicraft/ Cottage industries|
|Agriculture and allied sectors|
|MSMEs and service industries|
|shops ( electric, mobile recharge, Tent houses, etc )|