What is the WBPDS portal?
WBPDS or the West Bengal Public Distribution System portal was launched with the aim of providing all the information related to the PDS ( Public Distribution system ) at one portal and hence improving the transparency by making the information, data available to people of the state. The WBPDS portal also offers online Ration Card services such as
- New Ration Card Online Application
- Ration Card application status checking and all other services related to ration card as shown in the image below.
How to Check Ration Card Application status on the WBPDS portal
To check the status of your Ration card application online, just follow the simple step by step process given below.
- Visit the Official portal of West Bengal Public Distribution System from this link.
- Now select the Citizen option and under it select the ” check ration card application status ” option as shown in the image below.
Now a new page will open where you need to select your form type and fill in your application number ( which users get after applying for it ) or users can also search for status throught OTP verification by entering the registered mobile number.
- After validation of your provided details, your ration card application status will show up.
New Digital Ration Card online application process
- To apply for a new ration card online on the WBPDS portal visit the official portal at wbpds.gov.in.
- Now from the homepage select the citizen option and under it select the ” apply for new ration card ” option as shown in the image below.
- On the new page fill in your mobile number for OTP verification.
- After verifying the OTP a new page will open where users will get 4 steps of application. In step one, you need to provide information about if your family member already has a ration card or not, check the image given below for reference.
After selecting the ” No ” option another form field will appear where you need to provide information about why you need the ration card. Users will get 2 options which are For subsidized foodgrains and another is for identity purpose only as shown in the image below.
- After selecting the subsidized foodgrains option anew form field will appear where you need to fill if you are from a rural area or urban area.
- After the selection of area, Some indices will appear ( given below ) on the screen and users need to select whichever indices are applicable to them or their family. This data will be used in the evaluation of your ration card application.
- After selecting the options carefully, click on the next button to get on the second step.
- On the second step the form page will open where users need to provide the following details:
- Address Details
- Fair Price Shop Details
- Communication Details
- Details about the Head of the family
- After filling in all the required information click on the next button to get on the step 3 .
- On step 3 users need to upload the required scanned documents and proceed further to the 4th Step.
- 4th step is for verification of the provided details and final submission of the application.
Non-subsidized Ration Card application process
- From the home page of the official WBPDS portal click on the citizen option and under it select to apply for Non-Subsidised Ration Card.
- A new page will open where you need to enter your mobile number and verify it with OTP.
- After OTP verification user will have to select from two available options which are ” Existing digital Ration Cardholder” Or ” New Applicant”.
|Procedure for Existing digital Ration Card holders||New Applicants|
|Step 1. A form page will open where you need to enter address details and your Ration card number and category and click on the display button||Step 1. Users need to fill in the required details such as Address details, Fair price shop details, personal details (DOB, EPIC number, Aadhar number, email id ) then click on the show member button.|
|Step 2. Your existing ration card details will appear on the screen. Now select the card which you want to convert into a Non-Subsidised ration card and click on view selected items.||Step 2. Users can add multiple members by clicking on the add member button.|
|Step 3. Now enter some details like Date of birth, EPIC number, Adhaar number, PAN number & mobile number then click on the save and view button.||Step 3. After adding the members click on the save and view application button.|
|Step 4. Check on the declaration form and submit the details.||Step 4. Check on the declaration form and submit the details.|
|Step 5. After successful submission, your application number will display on the screen.||Step 5. After successful submission, your application number will display on the screen.|
How to search your ration card on the WBPDS portal?
- To search for your ration card follow this link, It will redirect you to the beneficiaries details search page of the official wbpds portal.
- On this page, users can either search by ration card number or name and other details like district, ward, etc as shown in the image below.
- After filling in the details accordingly, click on the search button. After verification of your provided details the ration card details will show up.
Know about your fair price shop
- To check your fair price shop ( FPS ) or ration shop, visit the official West Bengal public distribution system portal and from the homepage select the citizen services under it click on ” know your ration shop”.
- A new page will open where you need to select the details according to their area and ration card as shown in the image below.
After selecting the options accordingly, click on the display FPS button and your fair price shop will be displayed.